Customs Coming to an end and other changes, please read.


It's been a long time coming { see this blog }

So without sugar coating anything, I will just come out and say,
that as of February 1, 2016. I will no longer be taking custom orders.
I have chosen this date to give everyone ample time to send in any lingering projects that may have been in process. I have wrestled with this because it seems like everyone at some level is a personal friend who will want me to draw out an exception for them.... and because of that, things get tricky. I am going to have to stick to my guns to be fair to everyone across the board, and as of Feb 2nd my answer will have to be no to any custom work.

While my heart literally breaks at the thought of saying no, to some of your customs { especially those sentimental ones, that I have been so honored to have my hand on }.... saying no to customs... means saying yes to my growing family and to my overall sanity as I transition from being a mother of two to a mother of three.

I will continue to make one of a kind clothing 
{with an aim at offering a variety of sizes and options}
and because I will not be taking on custom orders, this means I will have more time to create already made designs so there will be more each week to choose from.
I am really excited about having this time to devote to new designs and enjoying the creative process as I feel led. I feel like my best work comes when I don't feel pressure and pin pointed to make certain things, but instead being inspired by the fabrics I muster up during my shopping trips.

For those of you who know me well, understand... that my life is pretty filled to the brim already.. with homeschooling my two daughters and running PPP. I am so totally thankful for your support to PPP over the years that has been a vehicle that's allowed me to thrive at home with my children.
I want you to know that your customs have been a blessing to me in the past, and I cherish the trust you have put in me personally to design clothing that was made from your Grandfathers flannel, your newborns baby blanket and your deceased husbands T-shirt. I have become your friend as I touched those special fabrics, and I have felt so incredibly blessed to be able to be a part of your story in such a meaningful way. If customs were not so time consuming, I would do them forever.... because it is such a rewarding feeling to deliver something so special as a memory like that. 

Unfortunately, customs do take a huge amount of time.
and I don't have much time to shell out.
I certainly don't want to short my kids because of my fear of disappointing customers.
At the end of the day, we all know.. that family is more important than any article of clothing.
God is stretching me in new ways as I learn the power of saying no.
I am learning to trust in him to provide for my business financially and also I am learning to find peace in the fact that I am human and have limits and that is healthy and normal.

Also. I have chosen to take a short break from the New Braunfels Farmers Market.
I am super sad about this and will probably still be seen hanging around the market eating crepes and tamales because I love the market so much... but my baby belly needs a season of Saturdays to sleep in and rest and just well.... be.

Please be kind in your comments. Deep down beyond a strong fiery personality is a girl who is a bit of a people pleaser.
Who knew? I sure never considered myself that, until now.

Thanks again for your support to not only PPP, but my growing family.
This is a very exciting time for us Hursh's, as this child is quite a miracle for our family.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good decision...Take time for yourself, baby and family....and take care of yourself...I had too fragile pregancies with my boys, and had to make similar choices....xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your strength and applaud your decision! I know how hard it was for you, but it seems so right. Enjoy the extra snuggles and special moments with your girls. Enjoy the freedom to explore your creativity, and embrace this blessed time in your lovely life. ❤ peace, sweet friend ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your strength and applaud your decision! I know how hard it was for you, but it seems so right. Enjoy the extra snuggles and special moments with your girls. Enjoy the freedom to explore your creativity, and embrace this blessed time in your lovely life. ❤ peace, sweet friend ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are glowing in this photo!!! Good for you saying "No!". It's a skill I am always trying to master, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, pregnant girl! Sounds like a good fit for you and your family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Shauna. Huge kudos for your bravery. As a fellow people pleaser, I TOTALLY get how difficult it was for you to make this decision. I love you and admire you for this choice. Go grow that beautiful family if yours! �� hugs.

    ReplyDelete