Around Here.

It's been a while since I did the "Around here" blog, so I decided to have at it.
The Summer seems to have come and went. We had a great summer. Between McCoys swim team practice three times a week and us going to the pool at the gym, we ended the summer with a nice tan and both girls perfecting their swimming skills. Maybe thats why I havent blogged much. We were busy outside soaking up much desired vitamin D. It was an awesome, busy summer. No complaints.

& then it cooled down....{ in Texas lingo that means its 95 instead of 102 }
the rain even came ..... and I pondered life thoughts.... as I tend to do when it rains.


This last week, I spent hunkering down with recipes, school room furniture and craft ideas to kick off our first week of school back doing homeschool. Here is a quick glance at our week. If you follow me on instagram, these wont be new pictures to you. 

McCoy started Second Grade this year. We decided to make it official by upgrading to a real desk instead of the kitchen table.  I got this super easy table for $49.99 and Chair for $19.99 at Target. What a steal. 


Poor Jefe got neutered. This cone thing is just wrecking his world. I feel so bad for him and the loss of his male parts. So sad. After him, it will be chauncho's turn... 

Totally recommned these write&wipes by Kumon. I bought mine on Amazon for $9. 
Not a project you can leave your child alone with, Dry Erase Markers can be quite messy if in the hands of an excited three year old. 

My husband and I celebrated our 8 year Anniversary. Its not always been easy, but always been worth it. I could not imagine my life without this amazing man. I feel very blessed. #soulmates.

We made flower crowns, friendship bracelets and are working on the sew on flower headbands once we get our supplies in the mail. McCoy is very crafty and can craft all day, Italia made it about half way through, until Cinderella stole her away. We made her a crown anyway.


We made "Energy Balls"
and we ate them up all in one day, sigh* 

Recipe:
1 cup of GF Oats
1/2 Cup of Organic Peanut Butter
1/3 Cup of honey { we did half raw/ half regular.. because that's all we had }
1/2 Cup of flax meal
1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 Cup of chocolate chips or Cacao Nibs
1/4 tsp. Pink Himalayan Sea salt  { we use QNL brand }

Mix together, put in fridge for 45 minutes.
Then once cold, roll into balls and put in freezer for 30 mins.
EAT..... and eat some more.

Hope you all had a smooth back to school transition. 
I love change and am excited to switch gears and get crafty and organized for the school year.

Tonight I will be posting New PPP. I don't know what time exactly, but I know it will be after 8pm.
A couple more moxie dresses and some other cute things!
Hope you will get a chance to tune in. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment