Yet in my Weakness....









I have been having the most beautiful conversations with my models as of late.
My models are all ages,  ranging anywhere from 17- 35. 
Me being 35, makes me old enough to be their mother. { well some of them }
which dates me for sure......
but also goes to show that God is timeless.
We are all passing through in the same way, all of us hungry.
All of us can relate in the human way... regardless of age.

I have learned a lot from 17 year old girls.
God has grown my faith through theirs.
They have entrusted to me things I feel honored to know.
I feel humbled that God has chosen to use my line of work..... not just online.
but even in our photo shoots.
I feel God is among us in powerful ways.

And then of course there are also these sweet moments of laughter.
Their vulnerability in trusting me to take pretty pictures of them.
Their desire to join forces with PPP.
and believe in my company
I am forever thankful for their vulnerability and trust.




Life is a mission field, it does not happen only on Sunday... or in foreign lands.
None of us come together by accident... but all of us for great purpose 
to pour into each other.
We all share this responsibility.
It is a great one.

Great as in rewarding.
Great as in important.
Great as in terrifying.

As I read the story of the father of the demon possessed boy this last weekend.
I learn.... the weakest faith in Jesus is stronger than than any faith we have in our selves.
" I believe... the father of the boy says.... help me with my unbelief"
It is one of the most humbling sentences in the bible in my opinion.

Jesus acts upon this weak faith, he heals the boy.
and yet, we are all weak in faith.... this comes as no surprise to our perfect God.

I used to be so discouraged in my weakness, surely God could not use me in mighty ways.
Surely I could not radiate Jesus as I have seen some do.
 Yet in my weakness, I am forced to rely on him.
Only through the power of God, are awesome things taking place.

When someone is attracted to anything I say or do... it is because they see him in me.
Not my weakness.
but his strength and power.

I have driven away in my car after a photo shoot, many a times....
blown away by the faith of a 17 year old girl.

It is not the amount of years we have been alive....
but our reliance and hunger for him.


My very own children, ages 3 and 6 continue to teach me simple yet profound things.
Even the most mature elder can be humbled by the faith of a child.
I do not see age anymore, but rather people God has placed purposely in my life.

Just want you to be encouraged as I have been this weekend.

The people that are all around us, are by no accident.
but for great purpose.
Let us not grow weary in doing good.
Look around..... who is to your left, who is to your right?

and remember....
GREAT is his faithfulness.


2 Corinthians 12:9-11

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

3 comments:

  1. I adore your PPP brand and am patiently awaiting the day I can snap up one of your fast goin ruffle t's(dang, they're sol quick!) But honestly, Shauna, the base reason why I read your blog as often as you post one and take time to look at all your posted creations is because I love the Jesus in you. You are right on when you say that anything attractive in you is just Him shining through. I see that you give more and more recognition to Him and that just makes me so happy....It's good to be His child and know we are loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This spoke to my heart...
    It is a beautifully written post and I'm so thankful for your words tonight<3

    x
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was very encouraging! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete