New Years Resolutions....the controversy!

Some people argue against making New Year resolutions. The argument of not needing to have a New Year to better ourselves is one I fully agree with.... however,if making a resolution/goal is for bettering oneself..then who cares when we do it.... and who cares really if we failed at it. If we choose to start the new year with a clean slate and a resolution or two, or in my case { 100 } whats the harm in it? After all, we are not seeking perfection, only improvement.

Here were my new years resolutions for 2012.... { you can see the blog here:> }
It was therapeutic for me to highlight the ones I think I achieved or at least improved in.

Pray into my purpose more...
Read some of the books I have had on my list to read
Find out how I can help orphans. { more hands on }
Get on Skype... so i can talk to friends far away
Study the bible like a student {truly seeking after understanding}
Fix my iphone video so its not so shaky
Pray into baby #3 or ?

 Savor More fully my small moments

Simplify the way I run my business
Get More organized
Find new software to do book keeping

Better my Photography skills

Get Some Chickens... 
Start a Garden in spring with McCoy
Switch up exercise to make it more fun/yoga/rebounding/body pump

Clean out house... and stop collecting.
Embrace more fully the concept: Less is more!!!!!
Breathe Deeply
Go to bed earlier
Wake up earlier
Drink a green drink once a day
Organize coffee dates with good friends more often

Try not to stress over small issues
Be more forgiving 
Get more hands on homeschooling projects

More Sit ups and push ups!
Get a more efficient printer.. so i can print everything from home
Go to post office= less
Take more walks 
Puppy training classes
Wish: Canon 60D
Get an Allergy Test

Be more supportive of my husband and his dreams

MORE date nights!

Plant new grass in back yard

Allow myself to be hurt without feeling angry.

Allow more downtime in my life.

Learn to relax more fully.
Start potty training Italia ..slowly
Finish making new patterns for 2012
Pray into the future of PPP.
Paint the house
Be a better listener.
react= less
Move office into garage.
Let the laundry pile up and be O.K with it.
Dance more with the kids
More snuggles.... less computer

 When looking back at what my goals were at the end of 2011.... I see that God has moved quite mightily in our lives in one year. With the confirmation to adopt, the building of my studio, the passing of Donnie's test at work, and even the small details, like a new camera for work, and the garden we grew in the spring... I see that God has truly moved mountains.


For 2013, I will make a new list.... and realize that while I may not complete everything.. having a goal and a direction is so important. I can trust that whatever things were not completed in my list above { like my goal to do more sit ups and push ups } can still happen and is not over just because I didnt complete it in 2012.
I like the challenge to try again.... especially now knowing my weaknesses.

Are you excited for the New Year? I am. Did you make any new goals? If so... id love to hear them!
Share up!

No comments:

Post a Comment