BLOG- Crush + a little internet rant.

I have been on a bit of a blog reading hiatus. { and an Internet wean }
No need to go on a huge tangent about it.
But a little rant will suffice.
Lets just say... I wasn't feeling energized and uplifted by my time on the computer.
and felt it was time to wean off a bit.

Taylor { my assistant } has been filling in the gaps on face book and etsy.
There have been days where I haven't touched the computer.
and other days... well its unavoidable.. since i do run business from one.
That's why I call it a wean... I secretly sometimes wished I could totally ditch the computer all together.

I feel like the less time I am on the computer.. the more energy I have for my day.
My kids, my health, even my design process.
I just feel better.... happier.

Sometimes I feel a deep sadness after loggin off face book.
maybe its just me.. and I'm too serious.
but i take to heart the things I read..
I'm learning I'm hugely sensitive.
and I take in much.

I was reminded of Gods command to guard our hearts..
So I have to ask myself.... these probing questions.
Do I feel more encouraged now because of reading this?
More inspired? more uplifted? Closer to God?
That's the aim.

------Now on to my Blog Crush -----





One of those encouraging blogs for me.. is WalkSlowlyLiveWildly.
I adore Sara.... and her adorable.... "outside the box" thinking family.
and I was quite excited when she sent me these awesome pictures
Isn't she beautiful? She is truly an encouraging mama..

I hope your time on the Internet is a fulfilling one..


-Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.- 
Proverbs 4:23

5 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this. I feel like sometimes the internet - facebook, twitter, blogs, pinterest....suck all the energy out of me. I just end up feeling down!

    Definitely thinking about taking a break from it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a good reminder for us all! thanks for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am going through the exact same thing right now. thank you so much for your encouraging and challenging words. blessings, lora

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a hooper too and her blog post with that skirt on is what made me purchase my first PPP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you. I have to take breaks from Fb and blogs every now and then too. Sometimes I feel so blessed by what I read and sometimes I feel down and out. Its such a balance.
    I have been following Saras blog for 2 years now. Love her. She is the one who inspired me to get dreads!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings! Keni

    ReplyDelete