Humble Pie.

I was amazed when my Quit your Day Job Interview was noted as one of the most viewed articles for 2011 on etsy.
It got me thinking about these two things.

1.God is so amazing…. his word has the power to move mountains.
2.Nikes saying " just do it"….is inspirational to many of us... if only we can embrace it.

Many comments on etsy were in response to
1.The Glory given to God. and
2.The inspirational kick in the pants to " just do it".

The reason why I am writing this today… is not so I can bring any glory unto myself or my interview… because I am totally aware none of it is mine to keep although honored that God used PPP to inspire so many. But I wanted to recap on what that really means to " just do it"…. and how easy it is to give glory to God when you always remember where you came from.  I call it " PPP- Humble Pie"

Here are some pictures of PPP's humble beginnings on etsy.




My favorite things about these pictures:
1. Dogs, kids, front door..... no problem! { hey ... its a lifestyle, right? }
2. How about a little " nighttime photography"? After all the husband is home now and he could take pics of me
3. Front door, kitchen table... in front of the couch... it didn't matter- I was sure the emphasis was on the clothing.


My best friend recently shot me a snapshot picture of my first ever business card. It was essentially a crayon drawn house with my name on it and phone number. By the looks of my card.. you would never know I made and sold clothing, you would think I ran a daycare… but on vista print I got these first 100 cards for FREE…. so that was the card I used. For the last five years, I've sewn out of hallways,laundry rooms and even had Tupperware of fabrics in storage units in between moves…. it has not been glamorous, easy or professional…. 

I imagine there are many of us… who have "dreams" but those dreams or even small steps toward those dreams never happen because of our emphasis on perfection and fear of failure. We think in our minds we need to start a business with a savings account, professional business cards, and a fancy website that costs a thousand dollars. For some of us… we are so crippled by fear of failing.. even if and when we did have all things lined up.. we would still not pursue our dreams in fear of failing at it… or worse publicly "failing at it". We care so much about what others " think" of us... that we forget... we are only here to please one... our Father in Heaven. And Did you know Fear is a sin? 

Well, my humble pie is for all of us to see… and while I used to be embarrassed about my " beginnings"… I am glad God has allowed them. I can not truly be proud of where I am headed… without knowing and embracing where I have came from. I can also see how great the Lord is…. how he can build a business, build a person… and flourish things over time.

Needless to say.. I do have goals… just like many of you, One of my goals last year was to take indoor photography… which I am now doing { and still learning }… I have come a long way with my business.. but still have so much room to grow. if I had waited till I had the perfect photography, sewing studio, business education and plan... I may not have ever done a thing.... and I am so thankful that I listened to God... and I just DID it!  I am currently dealing and revisiting this... and reminding myself of how faithful God is... so that I can embrace some new current fears of mine.. which are totally unrelated to PPP.. but I am in that position again where I am hearing God beckon me... and the lie I am hearing is that I need to have x,y and z all lined up before I move forward.... so please also pray for me if you remember... that Gods voice would thunder above the enemy's and I would choose " freedom" and not bondage. 

So today… if you are struggling to put that one foot forward on what God has asked you to do, your purpose…. embracing your fear.. its time to trust in God and take the leap. { I am talking to myself too } Don't be afraid of not having it all together… that's Gods job…. just come to him as an empty vessel and he will be sure to grow you and fill you. So many times we "try" to grow it ourselves only to find ourselves completely exhausted and running out of gas…. as an end result.. defeated and discouraged.  I am reminded today there is no safer place to be than in the will of God…. today could be the first day we respond and say YES to GOD and his will for our life….. embracing every imperfect thing about us… because we know we worship and trust in a perfect God…. and its so freeing to know…. we are never going to be perfect…. so lets get on with our lives shall we?Time to start dreaming again.... and living out our purpose. Fear- Free!

A song that I am loving right now! -

"Free To Be Me"  

 By: Francesca Battistelli

At twenty years of age
I'm still looking for a dream
A war is already waged for my destiny
But You've already won the battle
And You've got great plans for me
Though I can't always see, 'cause...

Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together
But perfection is my enemy
And on my own I'm so clumsy
But on Your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me

When I was just a girl
I thought I had it figured out
See my life will turn out right
And I'll make it here somehow
But things don't always come that easy
And sometimes I would doubt, 'cause...

And you're free to be you

Sometimes I believe
That I can do anything
Yet other times I think
I've got nothing good to bring

But You look at my heart and you tell me 
That I've got all You seek
And it's easy to believe, even though...

And you're free to be you

2 comments:

  1. thank you!!!!! I msg you a few weeks a go (when i had a full time job) thanking your for the etsy article. Today Im jobless and trying to keep my craft as a bobbie and keep going on my own graphic design and product shooting company. I pray that you get the courage you need as well to keep going and for myself to follow God's path for me.

    Thank you

    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post you have written is amazing - just what I needed - it's as though God got you to write it for me!

    love your blog,

    Thankyou, and I will pray for you :)

    ReplyDelete