McCoy's Kitchen.

One of my favorite things to do with McCoy is cook. Donnie is the "cook" in the house.. being the Italian and foodie that he is... but I "try" and I enjoy it.. I like to take my time... and make it fun... I let McCoy do all the cooking.  It does take a whole lot longer... so I like to do it when we are not rushed on time. I read her the instructions ... very slowly and sometimes repeat it if she looks confused. I find that when she is very hyper.. cooking settles her down.. because she has to calm down to listen and apply the information I'm giving her. One of many things about homeschooling that I enjoy.. is that I have time during the day to do fun stuff like this... and the confidence it builds in McCoy.... is so rewarding. She feels very confident in the kitchen. This recipe is for Gluten Free Simple Bread. {we got the recipe here}
This bread is very nutty in flavor... and super tasty. Eat it with almond butter for a snack or with lentil soup. Delish! 

Gather your ingredients: Apple Cider Vinegar, Almond Flour, Sea salt, Agave Nectar, Baking Soda and 3 eggs.
 1.  First Grab a Large Bowl, Almond flour, baking soda and sea salt.
 Combine 2.5 cups of Almond flour...

 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
 Now Grab another bowl.. your three eggs and a whisk.
 Crack them eggs open...
 Whisk.
 Now Grab your ACV and Agave
 Pour in 1 teaspoon of agave nectar
 And stir in 1/2 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
 The fun part.... pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients!
 and stir.
 Now is a good time to turn the oven to 350.
 Grab a loaf pan.. and make sure it is well greased.
 Spoon in the batter into the loaf pan.


 Put it in the oven for 45 mins.
Ta-da.... 
In my opinion this bread is much tastier than any regular bread... and chock full of protein and good healthy fat with almond flour. Being Gluten Intolerant isnt such a bad thing.

ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks delish! I'm gluten intolerant as well, and this looks so much easier than the recipe I normally use.

    ReplyDelete