Taking off the cape!

 This is me at Mccoys 3rd birthday. I hijacked McCoys super hero costume gift.
I was smitten to say the least.
Maybe there is something to be said about that.
 Maybe... its because I run a full time business in part time hours.
Home school my daughter and try to be a good wifey.
 All while trying to keep my head above water.... running to and fro.
Some days I really do feel like a super-hero.
Other days....not so much.
 Balance in my life... has always been a quest.
I love my job.... but sometimes its a huge source of stress for me.
deadlines, making sure customers are happy... keeping up financially.
Working in to the evenings... when some nights all I want to do is snuggle with my family.

Sources of stress for me......?
I am terribly unorganized.
Mainly from a lack of time to clean up after my projects
Papers stack up on my desk..
and i forget another friends birthday.
i know.... i know. its super lame.

being unorganized.... not just annoying...
but also a time sucker.. as I spend lots of time
searching for minor details... hole punchers, scissors, stamps.
that persons address.... a pen that works.

So not super-hero " ish".
In saying that...I also know that where I spend my time..
that is where my treasure lies.
I don't have lots of free time... or any.
And... when I get down on myself for being a mess.
I try to remember to take my "cape" off.
I am not a super hero.

I'm a Mom. { which sometimes I admit feels like a super hero }
Sometimes doing arts and crafts or sitting down to read a book with them
means the laundry is stacking up.
Its gotta be OK.
What I am doing is more important.

Sometimes I get anxious.
I worry about small things.
Bangs or no Bangs?
I worry about big things.
What kind of legacy are we leaving behind for our children?

I have realized that in being a type A personality
I can so often get muddled up in planning my future!
and thinking about EVERYTHING.
way too much!
and it really shows my lack of faith and insecurity.
Yet... when I pray....I find this overwhelming peace come over me..
when I let go.. and trust that God has a plan for my life... really.

he whispers to me... All I have to do is be still.
I squirm... " still"?
I don't like being still.
But this stillness.... isn't laziness... or carelessness.
Its surrender....trust... faith... peace...
I don't have to compete... or plan or fight for my future.
He is in control of the universe.
I am not.
This is FREEDOM.

So....I allow myself to be broken, imperfect and a work in progress.
I can take my fake little cape off.....
I am not a super hero.

A verse that I am meditating on right now : 
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).

5 comments:

  1. As I look at my piles of paperwork and mounds of toys strewn about my house, I can definitely relate to this post and so desperately needed the wisdom of what you wrote today.

    Thank you Shauna. You are beautiful.

    ~ Devon
    Reading with Joey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect timing for reading this!! I feel ya! Thanks for sharing your heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you said stillness is not laziness, I really struggle with stopping and just being. I'm constantly needing to do do do... Our kids want us to stop and sit on the floor with them, they don't care if the laundry isn't done :)

    Thanks for reminding me I am a super hero regardless of how much I "do"... Mommy=Superhero

    ReplyDelete
  4. once again you hit the nail on the head. May that peace fill you to overflowing today

    ReplyDelete