Thankful.ness.Change.Letting go.

God has overwhelmed me with Thankfulness.. What a blessed Thanksgiving.
Ive been dealing with some junk. Just issues of life. Whats rad... is that everyday as I am walking in this.. God has made his presence more clear to me than ever.. and whats even more crazy is that he has used other people as instruments... all repeating the same wisdom... offering books, movies, help, prayer... and it all points to him....God alone. Now looking back.. I am seeing how God has been chasing after my heart for quite some time now... if only I could have seen the spiritual warfare that was invisibly taking place.... as they say, in hindsight everything is 20/20.  What I have been missing is that every human being here on earth is going to let me down at some point or another..... it is only God who can perfectly love me. This has really helped me to stop wishing things were different or that people would just be how I want them to be, its allowed me to "strive" for the selfless love that loves back even when my heart is broken.. even when I feel wronged. Even when I feel like the best of me has been taken and Ive got nothing left to give. My pride says "ouch".

Many people close to me have told me that.. I have boundaries up, while it seems a natural response to protect myself... since i am unsure of other peoples motives at times.. the self-defeating"guard" I have up... needs to be tempered. I know this. I tend to be idealistic and exasperate myself and others in the process.. Ive been lacking in the mercy department. I'm equally as hard on myself. Learning to let go...and hand over my burdens to a God who can take it on. Its a very freeing thing. I am thankful for it.

If I rely on God... he will never disappoint... How can I not be thankful for this kind of love? It seriously overwhelms me. That's what this Thanksgiving has taught me. I am so blessed even when I am afflicted.. sick or hurting... because God... loves me, pursues me and knows me.... and he is constantly molding me... perfecting me and building up my character for my final hour...  

 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

 Some Quotes I am liking :

"Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has." Billy Graham

"The greater the difficulty, the greater the glory." Cicero

The stronger the winds, the deeper the roots. The deeper the roots and the longer the winds, the more beautiful the tree." Charles Swindoll on Psalm 1

"God is more concerned with conforming me to the likeness of His Son than leaving me in my comfort zones. God is more interested in inward qualities than outward circumstances - things like refining my faith, humbling my heart, cleaning up my thought life and strengthening my character." Joni Eareckson Tada

"The greatness of a man's power is the measure of his surrender." William Booth

On a lighter note...I am also thankful that no-one bought this dress out of my shop, Thanks to all of you for not realizing how awesome it was..  wink! I decided to keep it... and made two similar dresses for the girls to wear.... we kinda matched with our apron dresses.. Its now one of my new faves. Awesome. 




Usually year after year.. I am ANTI- black Friday! I like to rebel against the status quo... but this year.. I'm feeling like I want new boots, makeup and jeans for the fall... and I may.. yes I may even hit the mall. Can.not.believe.myself. Maybe its my way of taking it easy on myself... going against the grain is rad... but I'm tired and sometimes its just fun to paddle down stream with everyone else. 

Yet... .. for those of you who are cool enough to resist the malls.... and crowds... I will reward your  punk rock efforts... by offering my own little black friday SALE.... All PPP is 25% off. Friday only.

ENTER CODE: BLACKFRIDAY25  upon checkout.

2 comments:

  1. a very inspirational post. you and your girls are beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased you have really blessed me with many of your posts I prayed last night that I would be able to bless you. He's done it.

    ReplyDelete