Imperfectly thankful.

I've been struggling with some "not so fun stuff"..... I wont be a Debbie the downer... nor do I feel its appropriate to talk about it on my blog.. but I wanted to mention it... because so often times {especially when I'm struggling with stuff} I read blogs and feel like the  perfect lives of others.. just irks me. You ever feel like that ? Sometimes blogs can be destructive if all they do is paint an unrealistic perfect life...thats full of crafts and happy go lucky simple thoughts... especially to those tender hearted who are suffering. My heart has been very open to that lately. I want to shout from the roof tops.. how imperfect I am....  Mainly because we all know no-ones life is perfect... yet its so much easier to blog about the good stuff, isn't it?

So... in saying that.. I can share this with a happy conscious.. knowing that I am letting you know I am not a sewing fairy, a homeschooling Super Mom who skips through out her day with no problems.

Regardless of the pain I am experiencing... I love the holidays. I love love love love Christmas. I got my tree up, gifts are already being wrapped.... today we played Christmas music, made a craft, and some almond flour chocolate chip cookies. { gluten free friends: recipe here } It sure took the edge off.






I am really looking forward to tomorrow....In the midst of pain and suffering.. I am remembering the wisdom from this video and this video.. { highly recommend you watching } and realizing.. that I still have so many things to be thankful for.

Oh and this...  Yes.. this is my cardboard deer head.... Its my way of trying to fit in... living in Texas.



& I am thankful for you. Happy Thanksgiving. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you are hurting Shauna. I hope things get better. I love your blog. You are real to the core. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete